Climate Week NYC, organized by the international non-profit Climate Group, is the largest annual climate event featuring around 400 in-person, hybrid, and online events in New York City. This event brings together global business leaders, policymakers, local decision-makers, and civil society representatives to accelerate climate action and highlight ongoing changes in the world. Held in partnership with the United Nations General Assembly, Climate Week NYC 2023 will occur from September 17 to 24.
The centerpiece of the event is the high-profile Opening Ceremony on September 17, featuring major announcements, discussions, and interviews with international leaders from various sectors. This year's theme, "We Can. We Will," underscores determination, action, and collaboration to address climate change effectively. Additionally, Climate Group's "The Hub Live" event on September 18 and 19 will convene over 1,000 influential leaders to address key climate themes. The ultimate goal is to use Climate Week NYC as a rallying call for meaningful contributions to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and pave the way for a net-zero carbon future by 2050, building on the successes and lessons of previous years.
We'll See You at Climate Week!
Persefoni experts will be speaking at a range of events across Climate Week NYC. You can catch us at the following key events:
Monday, September 18th
- NACD Climate Advisory Council Launch Event: How are US boards tackling the climate challenge? Connect with Kristina Wyatt, Deputy GC and CSO at Persefoni. Registrations are open.
- Policymakers and the value of data and transparency, featuring Allison Herren Lee, Co-chair, Persefoni SAB. Registrations are open.
- How do organisations prepare for a radically different economy? Co-Hosted by PwC and the IFRS Sustainability Alliance, featuring Emily Pierce, Chief Global Policy Officer at Persefoni. Registrations are closed for this event.
Wednesday, September 20th
- ICE Climate & Capital Conference, featuring Emily Pierce, Chief Global Policy Officer at Persefoni. Registrations are open.
- Expert Panel - How to overcome your organization’s carbon challenges and realize new sustainable opportunities, featuring Allison Herren Lee, Co-chair, Persefoni SAB. Registrations are open.
- Accountability in a Sustainable World, featuring Marc Zenner, CFO at Persefoni, and Allison Herren Lee, Co-chair, Persefoni SAB. Registrations are now open.
Thursday, September 21st