Value chain emissions, or scope 3, are considered some of the hardest to measure, report on, and reduce. To help companies start their journey, Persefoni’s experts produced a guide on how to steadily increase the scope and accuracy of value chain emissions through the crawl-walk-run approach. Key highlights include:
- Reasons why you should start calculating the emissions in your value chain today
- A step-by-step guide to measuring, managing, and reducing emissions in your value chain through the crawl-walk-run approach:
- Crawl - How to define goals, and emissions boundaries, what parts of the value chain to start with, and how carbon accounting software can help.
- Walk - How to gradually introduce more granular ways of calculating value chain emissions and committing to carbon reduction targets that include scope 3.
- Run - How to measure all significant emissions in your value chain and engage with suppliers using carbon accounting software.